Thursday, January 14, 2016

Week 1 - Blog - Devise protected attributes

Click here to go the blog
I have been doing Mackenzie Childs Youtube challenge 12 apps in 12 weeks.
Ok back up here, I went to a code bootcamp for 3 months.  I found Mackenzie's channel and decided that it is the best way for me to really familiarize myself with Ruby on Rails.

My first app, the blog, I was able to finish in about 6 hours.  But that is just locally.  I was pretty tired after 6 hours and I only spent about an hour trying Heroku.  I did manage it the very next day.
Pushing up to Heroku added a second day.  I mostly stuck to Mackenzie's app but added/changed some styling to make it more unique.  I really like the way it turned out.

The show view with comments.  I also used a drop down menu here and my own styling.

Click here to go to page
Features I would like to add:
1. Edit comments
2. Add categories
3. Posting pictures & gifs, videos.
4. Rich text formating
5. Search function
6. Social media shareability


Here is the blog I made.  Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Kenyacode

No comments:

Post a Comment